Do you know the ninety- ninety rule? It says: the first 90 percent of the task takes 90 percent of the time and the last 10 percent takes the other 90 percent. Ok, don't think too hard about that. The point is, the end of any project always seems to take much longer than expected. I had finished most of the construction of this stained glass window, a corner of which is shown in the background, a few weeks ago. But then I had to attach the steel rebar to the back of the piece to keep it rigid. And paint the patina onto the metal to darken it. And stain the frame. And attach all the hardware onto the frame. And fit the window into the frame. And then the chain... I spent hours on the chain. Most of the chain I found was very lightweight & decorative but the window that it must hold weighs 30 lbs so that wouldn't do. Some looked ok but was plastic and some was coated with weird rubber in bright colors. I finally decided on this nice, hefty chain but it was extremely bright, shiny zinc and it needed a lot of help. I applied two different kinds of patina to darken it so it matched the lead came of the window. It needed to soak in each patina, then to dry and then finally I hung it outside and sprayed it with clear coat to protect the color. Besides me, I bet no one who sees this window when it's installed next week will even notice the chain. And that's the point, I always want to make a window that feels like it has been in the space forever and is meant to be there. So if it took 90 percent of my time to finish up these final details, it's worth it. I can't wait to see it hanging in its new home next week! As soon as I get some professional photos, I will share them. And you will know to take a second look at that special chain.